12/20/2007

My new love affair...

well Lucy was just dead - I did not take NO for an answer when I went in amidst the downpour and tornado watches to head to Circuit City when I demanded a NEW computer versus fixing the piece of junk whore that was Lucy.

She's dead to me.... and well, to HP too I presume....

so, i have a new potential love.... I'll call her Lola.... she's a fab little gal....with integrated webcam, multi-card reader, dvd/cd burner, lightscribe and surround sound, integrated wireless (ha, we'll see how long that lasts), bigger graphics card, bigger ram, (haha ram), bigger memory and well.... she's just lovely. Oh and she has Vista - not sure how I feel about that yet...but I'm walking catiously with this Vista mess....

my only thing so far..the "mouse" area on it is bigger than on the HP so the heal of my hand keeps on touching it while I'm typing and the keyboard is shifted a little differently than the HP.

It's a new ACER (whom I found out just bought Gateway and E-Machines). It is twice the machine than the HP and was $180 less than the HP. There was a Toshiba I was looking at (same specs as the Acer here) but it was $50 MORE than the HP, I was going to go with that, however, they were out of stock, so the guy assured me they NEVER see Acers coming back to Firedog for repairs..(I bought the two year extended warranty anyhow just in case...obviously).....

Sooooooo I've already loaded in my Windows Email (formerly known as Outlook express in XP and earlier programs), now I've hopped on Blogger to tell you all (all like two of you who read this...I think there are two of you ... oh lordy, what if noone reads this? oh who cares...certainly not me, frankly I'm sure Chad appreciates my blog since I bitch less to him now)....

So ...... okay, I've got this puppy and I'm going to have a torrid love affair with her on the couch while Chad works late in these ridiculous rain and tornado conditions.......

Merry Christmas everyone....Merry Christmas...

PS: I think I might have scared the manager at the CC when I walked right in, soaked from the rain, with three kids in tow and DEMANDED what I wanted....... hahahaha he kept mumbling something about him getting in trouble for letting me return the laptop etc.... but hey, at least I got what I wanted.....

1 comment:

  1. I got an Acer for Hanukkah. So far, I love it! However, we need to add on the Windows office package..haven't done that yet. But it seems good to me. I hope you fall in love with Lola...as much love as you had for Lucy.

    ReplyDelete