8/29/2007

So the other night.....

I was just sitting on the couch with Chad, the kids were tucked soundly into their beds. Chad and I finally had some "alone" time and we were catching up to one of our million shows in Tivo (a total traffic jam in there because of the week he spent out of town). I look over and just "watch" him........ just sitting there brought me back to the beginning. When we first met, fell in love, got married, had our first baby, bought our first house, our first minivan....... okay so that took us like almost 3 years into our marriage but hey...whateva....... The thing is...I fell in love with him all over again. Really.....

We have our moments where I'd rather spit in his eye than tell him I love him, and I'm sure he sometimes feels the same about me LOL, in fact, I'm sure of it...I wouldn't want to be married to me...so frankly I think he deserves a medal for putting up with me for this long!

Anyhow, the thing is......7.5 years later, 3 kids later, umpteen moves later, two times of buying houses later, three jobs later................he still is my best friend. Even on those "spit in your eye" days......

I sit and think about the sacrifices he makes for us to be the family that we are. Moving, Changing jobs, him doing with the not so fabulous vehicle so I can have the new van to cart the kids around, putting up with people he doesn't really like or a job that he doesn't love or even like, going back to school for another degree, putting in shifts on the weekends, holidays, nights, all of this he does so we can be the family we are.

I remember a few weeks back we were all sitting around, the kids and I were talking about the excitement of going back to school and all that. Elisa pipes up with the "And when brenna gets 4 she can go to my old school like I did, and then she can turn 5 later and go to my new big school too" and I jokingly said "yea, and then mommy will have to have another baby". This is when Chad pipes into the convo... his comment "Why" and I said "Well I figure if I am gonna stay outta work, then I best be raising babies" to which his reply was simply "Honey, if you want to stay home, I want you to stay home....it's great that you can be there for the kids whenever at school or at home"............

So.....with that...you'll find that for now, the first song that pops up on the blog is Macy Gray - I Try - when Chad and I first met, this song had just started "getting out" there and we both really dug it. It ultimately ended up being the song we danced to for the first time as Husband and Wife...why...because during our dating period whenever that sucker came on we'd stop whatever we were doing and start dancing around ....well with the exception of driving...but it never failed when that song came on we connected. (Or view the vid at the end of the post)

Sometimes I think about "how it might have been" if we would have not had Aidan, or moved from St. Louis, or got married, or met, or....well you get the point, and frankly, I'm SO GLAD all of those things DID happen...... I wouldn't want it any other way......

1 comment:

  1. Oh you've gone all gushy and sweet. Are you pregnant?

    Sweet post, gushy and sweet..which I think is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete